We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Fish Tales

I enjoy surprises, so anything hidden is fun.  I did this last year.  It's a small cigar tin; the outside is first covered with gesso to obliterate the branding, then coloured using alcohol inks, and I added a glass starfish.


Inside is a tiny sea world, and every time I open it I can hear the seagulls screeching, and the waves rolling in.


Background card is smooshed through very wet distress ink, as I wanted a pale finish.
In the bottom half I've used seed pods for seaweed, a few shells, seahorse charm, and painted fish, with glossy accent bubbles.



Thought I'd share this, as for me, it brings summer a little closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment