We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 30 March 2013

Blue - but not blue!

Whilst I'm working on a new project, I thought I would share a past project.  I have previously talked about always using blues and purples as these are my favourite colours.  I also think colour can show moods, and I did this canvas when I was feeling a bit down and blue - and not a blue hue in sight!  So blue is probably my happy colour!!!

This is the first canvas I included die-cuts on - the Tim Holtz spooky tree.  I used a box canvas, and so when the light is behind it, the orange appears to glow.  I also played around with clear tar gel - using a lolly stick and dribbling it onto the canvas (towards the bottom) - I like the texture.



No comments:

Post a Comment