We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Thursday 28 March 2013

Picasso ants

The Ashtead Club issues bi-monthly challenges, and the latest one is to create a book using envelopes (the club has a lot of excess envelopes!).  I've done quite a few memory books with photos, so decided try my hand at a journal style book, using all my favourite Picasso quotes.  The envelopes are large DL ones, and I cut to size some white card, and sprayed and smooshed with Dylusion ink sprays.  Yes, I know, blue again! Played around with various stamps using inks and Distress Stains.


Also used some Dylusion stamps - love the insect ones, so there is a bit of theme going through this book, which just evolved.  Tried my hand at large lettering.



 Also printed and cut out the words.


Then reversed to white on black.


I've also used different white pens throughout, but I have yet to find one that is really opaque enough, so that search continues.

You will notice all the ants walking through the pages, and they ultimately show my favourite quote.


Enjoyed this challenge as it made me try something I've not done before.  We've all got spare envelopes, so have a go!  (See demo notes on the Club blog here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment