We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Friday 5 April 2013

Day dreaming

When will this bitter weather end - have we been transported to Narnia's perpetual winter?  That White Witch has a lot to answer for!  Please can someone send a search party out to find the sun .... and banish that east wind back to where it came from.

I've been yearning to feel some warm sunshine on my face, so decided to paint some! This is the same technique as I did for my earlier post - Singing the Blues.  Die-cuts on a canvas board, and several layers of Fresco paints.

I used 140lb hot pressed watercolour paper again, as I found that thin metal dies don't cut grunge paper very well. On the butterflies and bird, I used the negative of the die-cut, and stamped through it with white paint on a script stamp.

 I found some plywood words, and using "Dream", added some additional die-cuts to it, which are tiny pieces cut from larger ones. Used some copper Treasure Gold (guilding wax) to finish.


I think orange is now my happy colour!!

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely Kay. Think I prefer it to the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas, recognise some of the diecuts, love how you have done this. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this canvas, perfect size for the plywood word!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very lovely piece of art, Kay

    ReplyDelete