We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Monday 15 April 2013

Romantica

I wanted to try a few new techniques, and some recently purchased products.  Started with a box canvas this time, and covered it with printed tissue paper (the Tim Holtz one).

Used a stencil and the new Paper Artsy Grunge paste for some leaves.  This paste is quite gloopy, but very smooth - endless possibilities methinks!  Added a couple of die-cut birds too.  The piece of white paper indicates where the stamped image is going to go, as I didn't want to encroach on this area with anything dimensional.


Gave it several layers of Fresco paint.


I usually use tissue paper to get an image onto a canvas, but this time I stamped onto 1-ply of facial tissue, using the Indigo Blue stamp Elizabeth Bennett - which I love - it's a very romantic image.  I then fixed it to the canvas using melted beeswax.  Never used beeswax before.  Quite disconcerting - as soon as you brush it on it solidifies, so all I had was white blobs, but using a heat gun I re-melted it and pushed it around.  I then dropped some micro-beads into the molten wax, for texture.

Finished with a little more paint here and there, and some guilding wax.  Here are a couple of close-ups.  To ensure the face remained white, I put a little white paint on the canvas first.



Love this cute little bird - a Memory Box die.

And the finished canvas.



Quite pleased with it, although I don't think the stamped image covers as much of the canvas as I would have liked.  I should have made a larger stamped collage.

I enjoyed using beeswax, and will experiment further, incorporating dimensional items. Facial tissues are more robust that I thought, and I think I prefer them to tissue paper.

Happy romantic days!



No comments:

Post a Comment