We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Thursday 9 May 2013

It's a man thing!

Thought I would take advantage of being on a roll with cardmaking, and use up some more backgrounds that I had made and not used.  They all had quite a masculine feel, so went with that theme.

Stamped up panels to create a collaged look, using two or three different stamps, then used a little bleach to highlight areas.  Bleach is such a quick and effective way to add highlights, and I only put a tiny bit in a tinfoil dish, so fumes aren't a problem!  I used a small detail brush to apply the bleach, which ensures accuracy.

A friend gave me a bag of ribbons and cord that was cut off new clothing, so used some of it to wrap round the panels, then added some die-cut cogs and a sentiment.

The first card uses a background made by inking up a stencil and running through an embossing machine.  I think I've had this background since last year, so about time it was used!



Sparkle medium through a stencil for this background.



And finally, this background has a little random stamping, then modelling past through a stencil and whilst still wet, covered with embossing powder and heated.


Now for something completely different, as I feel an experimental canvas coming on!

2 comments: