We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 12 May 2013

Playtime!

Love it when the bell goes for playtime!  Spent a fabulous day yesterday with two good (and arty) friends, creating a canvas using some airdry clay pieces.

I have been moving more and more towards dimension on a canvas, and I suppose clay was the next obvious thing to try.

We had prepared the clay pieces beforehand, to allow time to dry.  And, believe it or not, I purposely did not take any blue paint with me!  I did feel a little bereft, and I could have borrowed some, but   ... onwards without blue I said - only for a day though!

I used not only some clay pieces, but also corrugated cardboard and some string.  The clay needed the addition of a little extra glue to ensure it stayed in place.  Forgot to take a photo before any paint went on, but here it is after the first, all over, layer of paint.


Some time later, after lots of layers of my favourite Fresco paint, and a little guilding wax ... decided to name this canvas The Gilded Frog.


A couple of close-ups -



Linda went for an autumn theme, using not only clay pieces, but die-cuts too.  Love the colours.


And Rose lived up to her name with a stream of pinks, reds and a hint of blue.   Dry brushing the clay flowers and adding gilding wax, really highlights the textures.


Good company, lots of laughs, and lots of paint - what more could a girl ask!

2 comments:

  1. They are all beautiful. Couldn't find the frog at first. Glad you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely,looks like you all had a gooood time!!!

    ReplyDelete