We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Thursday 27 June 2013

Bright as a button!

The Ashtead Craft Club runs an annual card making competition, which helps focus the mind, and it is always worth having a go (the winner gets the annual subscription refunded, and some crafting goodies).   The competition is usually judged by the celebrity guest at Village Day, but this year, for a change, was judged by a local celebrity chef!

The competition had a pearl theme (as it was Village Day's 30th anniversary), and  I had been mulling this over for some time, when one morning I woke up thinking about pearl buttons!  I seem to get a lot of my ideas on waking - what is that about?

Anyway, here is my entry, on an 8x8 card, using cream cotton lace, embossed pearl card and those buttons, which are sewn onto the lace with a circle of card backing for stability.  Wanted to stay with a mainly monotone look, and I didn't want to put any words on it, as I thought it made a good picture.  Had fun doing it, and quite pleased with the result.  I didn't win, but I've got a lovely card to give to someone!


The regularly monthly workshop was last night, and we had quite a few new people coming along to see what we were about - so Village Day was a good venue to promote the Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment