We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 3 August 2013

A little bit of this ..... a little bit of that!

Sometimes techniques and other stuff that I want to try just back up because I'm too immersed in particular projects, so recently I've been trying out all those little things that I've filed away in the back of my mind.

Firstly (and I'm not sure where I read this), I mixed modelling/texture paste with PVA glue.  Something happens when this is done, and you get this stringy stuff, which I think would be great to try on canvas, as a fab texture.


I just mixed it on my craft sheet - stretched and pulled it about, and this is how it turned out.

When dry it was easy to peel off the craft sheet without breaking it, so can been used wet or dry!

What possibilities!!!

Not sure if this works with all pastes and glues, so would be a case of trial and error - but fun in the process, who knows what will be created!

Another idea, sparked by an article in last month's Craft Stamper Magazine, is using a wire frame with Glossy Accents.  The base I used is printed tissue paper, but anything could be used - stamped tissue paper, book pages, patterned paper.

Here the circular ones are printed tissue coloured with Distress Inks, one heart is the same, but also using pearl dimension paint (e.g. Viva Pearl Pen) around the edge too, and the other heart is using aluminium tape and glitter glue.

Create a wire shape, adhere to the base with Glossy Accents (or similar), and when firmly attached, infill with Glossy Accents.  Takes several hours to dry.

These could be used on cards as well as canvas, or an assemblage.


At the Ashtead Craft Club this week, we were playing with acrylic paints on card.


This method uses a credit card (other plastic cards are available!), to scrape the paint over the card base. Thus, only a thin layer of paint is put on the card, so no buckle or warp - great for backgrounds or die-cutting.

Put small blobs of different coloured paint at one edge of the card base and drag across. If doing more than one layer, make sure the first layer is dry first - something I didn't do (no patience!).

Finally, another origami flower.  This is another simple fold, but the flower is quite flat, so ideal for wreaths, but also flat enough for cards.


Here I made a flower large enough to fit a 6x6 card. Double sided paper is essential.

How to make this flower can be found on You Tube, but I can't seem to paste a link, so do a search for Origami Maniacs 100: Dahlia Flower.










Happy play time!

No comments:

Post a Comment