We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Wednesday 4 September 2013

A little bit of magic ..... with Alice

Having a busy time this week,  so not much crafting going on, but .....

I know that if you find a perfect feather it means good luck - well, the other day there was a perfect feather on my doorstep (in fact it is still there).  That same day I found out I had won some feather stamps from Paper Artsy ..... spooky or what!

I'm an avid follower of a few blogs, including the Paper Artsy one, as I love all their stuff.  It is their 10th birthday this month, so there has been lots of posts with loads of inspiration, and a few blog candy draws - and I won these -


I love them, and I can't wait to incorporate these images into a project.

On Monday, had a day out to Buckingham Palace.  Four of us went and it didn't disappoint!  We did the State Rooms tour which included the Coronation Exhibition, showing some of the costumes and associated paraphernalia- really interesting.   Most of the palace's internal decoration by architect John Nash (19th century) still remain, and are stunning; as are all the paintings and knick-knacks (can I describe them as that?!).


Here we are at the end of the tour, which exits onto the garden (39 acres), where there is a cafe for snacks, and of course, a shop!















View from the garden.















Loved this old, knarled tree in the gardens - is it the whomping one from Harry Potter?



















Looking back across a pond (or would that be a lake?).

Then off for a bit of lunch at Wagamama in Victoria Street.

Perfect day!










Long may the magic continue!
Happy sunny September.

No comments:

Post a Comment