We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 21 September 2013

The folding stuff .....

I recently purchased some origami paper squares on the Festival of Japan stand at the Sandown Crafts show earlier this month, and had a go at making a small version of the dahlia flower I did earlier (see post of 3 August).

The final diameter of the flower is twice the diameter of the paper circles used. I was probably being a bit ambitious to try one inch circles, but I did manage to do 1.25 inch circles.  Bit fiddly, but using the proper paper made such a difference, as it is very easy to fold.  The paper is patterned one side with a plain co-ordinating colour on the reverse.  I made two flowers, using the same paper, but switched the sides around. Then made a quick card with them.

I think this smaller size is very effective and looks prettier on a card than the larger version.  Instructions can be found on the Origami Maniacs blog - here.

Whilst on origami, also found these delightful bows.  There is one step which is a bit tricky, but I think they are fabulous for decorating pressies.


The dark blue one was my first attempt, so a little crumpled!  Again, instructions can be found on the same blog - here.

Happy folding!

No comments:

Post a Comment