We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Friday 25 October 2013

Christmas melt!

At next Wednesday's Ashtead Craft Club evening workshop, I will be demonstrating the Melt Pot; with a Christmas theme (oh no! - not Christmas again!).

Decided to use basic die-cut chipboard shapes which can create hanging baubles or card embellishments.  I also pre-punched a hole for the hanging ones.

So that everyone can do their own colour combinations of  UTEE, I used the "craft sheet in the melt pot" method.

I placed a wood block under the back of the melt pot to lift it up slightly, and make it level (otherwise the UTEE will just run backwards off the shape).

A piece of craft sheet is cut to fit the melt pot; then add the chipboard shape and  sprinkle UTEE.

I did colour the chipboard shape first with Distress Ink.  And to make the coloured UTEE go further, sprinkle on clear UTEE first.


When melted, carefully lift the craft sheet out - I use two pairs of tweezers.  Then, I immediately stamped into it, to create fab texture.  Leave to cool a bit, then peel off the stamp.



Here's all the shapes I ended up with.
















Add glitter, mica powders, ribbon - anything desired!  For the baubles I stuck 2 shapes back to back.

Here are  some of my finished baubles and cards.

Small tree - big baubles!





Happy tinsel time!

2 comments:

  1. Wow these are gorgeous ! I l have a melt pot, I should learn how to make these. Your pendents have turned out fabulous. Have a wonderful weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOO these look lovely - melt pot will have to come out....

    ReplyDelete