We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 30 November 2013

Escape the machine!

Time for another creative get-together!


Here is the occasionally featured Craftroom Work in Progress Snapshot (CWIPS)  - quite tidy really - and the first mince pies of the season!


















A couple of weeks ago I used up an opened pack of paper clay and made quite a few faces, so decided to use some of those.  I also had a need to be a little bit steampunk!


Started with a few die-cut cogs and paste through stencils.  There is also a couple of pieces from a paper doily - quite subtle so doesn't really show here.



















I forgot to take a photo before applying any paint, so the canvas has had the first coat of paint here.

A few faces, beads, and metal charms.
















After more layers of paint and some gilding wax ..... a close-up.

You can see the edge of the doily.

















Escape the Machine!
Steampunk urge satisfied!

3 comments:

  1. Really like how this canvas has ended up looking. Gilding wax has made such a difference. Hope my canvas looks just as good when I finish it. Thanks for the mince pies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Kay! Have sent a link to your blog to another lady I met at Denbies yesterday. Was good to meet you too. Need your email to pop you on the mailing list, can you send a quick email to me (details on my card). Thanks. keep crafting these beautiful pieces. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing.

    I'm going to Pin it.

    ReplyDelete