We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Thursday 14 November 2013

In my shopping basket this week is .....


..... a Gelli Plate!

Yes, I've finally succumbed, and can't wait to have a go -though I am feeling a little bit scared of it at the moment!














I also got one of these as it looked interesting - I've had a little go and it does work. Just put any marker type pen into the holder, puff air over the nib, and it creates an airbrushed look.










Saw these tiny plastic favour dishes and thought - ah ha! - could be useful - and they were only pennies, so I bought some!

I've already had a go at using alcohol inks on some (with gold paint on the back).

I like the flower shape.  Could be used on a canvas, or as part of an assemblage.











Found in a charity shop, this heavy metal contraption open up, so has a box thing going on, but not quite sure what it is. " Made in Spain" is etched on the bottom.

It already looks a bit steampunkish, and will be perfect for an altered project in the new year.


So - forget the boring supermarket shop .....

Happy serendipity!

No comments:

Post a Comment