We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Friday 18 April 2014

Everything is Very 3D!

Recently I led a workshop on my favourite technique, using a mix of 3D bits and pieces on a firm substrate, and bringing it all together with paint!

It was a beautiful sunny day, and the room we used was fabulous - very light and airy. The morning was spent designing, bringing everything together, and sticking down, then we broke for our packed lunches!  I had made a very mundane cheese sarni with tomatoes on the side (I don't do kitchen stuff!)


The paint-filled afternoon brought everyone's creation to life - quite a few boxes were used as a base, as well as some mirrors.











As I would be die-cutting items to order, I needed to pre-prepare something for my demonstration piece. I used a canvas board, and prepared it up to the point of paint application.

I used some printed tissue as part of the background, then added some air dry clay pieces, and die-cuts - including some lettering this time. Plus some flat backed pearls, wooden hearts, a glass butterfly bead, and some metal bits.









I didn't finish it on the day, but made some time this morning to do the finishing touches. Obviously blue played a big part! plus a little dry-brushed pearl paint, and some gilding wax.


Here is the gallery of everyone's creations -

Julie's lovely textured box

Kath's knitting needles box (with guardian lizard)

Kuni's sea themed mirror (the fish are oval beads with heart shaped tails - brilliant!)

Lesley's pearly shell garland (love the subtle colours)

Linden's eclectic mix in white (fab pearl lizard)

Pam's vibrant box (beautiful colours)

Rebecca's fabulous floral mirror

Sue's little bit of steampunk
(note the lips! if you focus on the lips you actually see a face - well I can anyway!)
Apologies to Liz - so sorry, somehow I managed to miss taking a photo of your stunning shell mirror!

Happy Easter to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. It must have been a great class the results are fantastic ! Have a wonderful weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all lovely. Great room.

    ReplyDelete