We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Sunday 7 September 2014

Collage compulsion!

Painting bits of paper and cutting them up is becoming a little compulsive .....

I'm always interested to find new substrates to experiment on.  I like using wood and MDF as they give such a solid base, but I also like the texture canvas can give.  So when I found these MDF boards covered in canvas ..... well I just had to try!


Brayered on some acrylic paint, and used some texture paste (coloured with the paint), through a stencil, together with some freestyle texture pasted areas!



















Wanted to continue with the tissue paper collage theme, so randomly painted some more tissue paper and also found some really fine paper book pages.


This time, cut large petal shapes, then continued layering smaller pieces.

I added some gold mica flakes to finish.

















I do like using this canvas covered MDF, a perfect combination!



No comments:

Post a Comment