We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Friday 16 January 2015

Watercolours - me and Mr Turner!

Still getting to know my Brusho paints, and the best way (for me) is to make a few cards, as they are small and compact.

Firstly, I stamped and heat embossed in white with some floral stamps. Then sprinkled black Brusho  and spritzed.

Entering this card into the Craft Stamper January challenge - Take a Stamp.















On this card I used the Brusho first, a couple of the blues, then stamped and black embossed. I think that is the teazle stamp by Woodware.



















Another white embossed stamp (by Designs by Ryn) then sprinkled the Brushos - blue and black this time.
I'll be entering this card into Ryn's monthly challenge .
















Finally, using Brushos directly onto a stamp.

Sprinkle very little power onto the stamp then use a fine mister to add a some water - and stamp!
















I do love the versatility of these watercolour paints, and the surprises of colour you get.

Now to a real artist!  Saw the Late Turner exhibition at Tate Britain earlier this week. This exhibition encompasses works from the last sixteen years of Turner's life, from 1835 when he turned sixty.

It was a really windy day, and I think we needed an anchor line walking over Vauxhall Bridge, but at least we managed to dodge the rain!

I was really surprised at how many works were on show, and fell in love with quite a few of them, but there was one in particular that I would love hanging on my wall.


This is The Blue Rigi, Sunrise (1842).  The distinctive profile of the Rigi mountain rising above Lake Lucerne in Switzerland became a favourite subject.

Not sure why this one over the many other watercolours, but ..... could be that it is blue!

Bought a couple of items, including a postcard of that painting .....


..... and a book - well, nothing wrong with ambition!

The exhibition closes on the 25th January; if you love Turner, I can recommend this as a good day out.

15 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous artwork ! love the effects of the Brushos and white embossing (will have to give that a try :) The sunrise painting is gorgeous, I can see why you fell in love with it. Take care, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this cards are absolutely georgeous. I love working with Brusho too.

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great play with the Brushos!!! Love the negative nature scene that you made in the first! Fiddlehead Set looks great in there too!!! Nice contrast of colour between the background blues and orange butterflies. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards I love the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful cards, each one is a work of art! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Wishing you the best~ Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you have done with the brusho's look fab, great cards! Thank you for joining us at craft stamper magazine, why not join us in our blog hop !

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! Stunning cards ...... great job with the Brushos. Thanks you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards and doesn't the black look good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your first card, even as small thumbnail on the Craft Stamper challenge blog, just jumped out to me, it's gorgeous!
    Glad I came so I could see your other cards and discover that you can stamp with Brushos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, brusho. I must admit I am getting very intrigued by these. Your cards are gorgeous. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! I'm about to start playing with my new Brushos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow they are all gorgeous , love them...thank you for joining in at the Take it, Make it Challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fabulous effects you have achieved with this medium... I must have a try sometime! Superb cards!
    Thanks for joining the Craft Stamper Challenge this time!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on you win at the Craft Stamper Make It Take It challenge great effects.
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete