We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Tuesday 10 February 2015

New stuff always wins out!

The Craft Stamper challenge for February is to use stencils - but - I was also rather impatient to try my new Paper Artsy stamps, so decided to combine the two!

Started with a large sheet of canvas and lightly brayered it using some of the pastel-toned Fresco paints, then I took about 5 different stencils and used them a bit randomly over the whole piece using some Fresco mid-tones.

Using this particular canvas as a background means colours can be slightly muted but with great texture.

I then cut it up to make a couple of card backgrounds, and got stamping!

Just love this flower - it is stamped onto a piece of Brusho painted card, and the stem is on a piece from a Gelli print.











I just had to use the same stamp again - but I did add a little extra with my Sharpie white pen!

So for the second card the flower head was stamped onto a piece of Yupo paper covered with alcohol inks,and the stem stamped onto a piece of sheet music that had been coloured with ..... I know not what!








Still got quite a bit of the canvas left, so that is in the random art bits box - you never know when it will resurface!


7 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love your stencilled background and the gorgeous bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp too and beautiful in blue !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are gorgeous, I love the backgrounds and colours that compliment the beautiful flower. Have a great day, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply fabulous !! I have also become your latest blog follower .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning!! Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete