We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Friday 22 May 2015

Are you a logophile?

logophile (noun) - a lover of words

I'm just in time for the latest Paper Artsy challenge, which is all about words.  I've recently come across "bleeding art tissue" - Eileen Godwin has done a video about it here.

I'm using watercolour card, and I cut some hexagons out of the tissue paper, then laid it on the card and brushed some water over the top.  You need to wait a few minutes, then remove the tissue, and the colour remains. Added a few spatters too!

I've also used my all time favourite Paper Artsy quote stamp which is by Artistotle. This stamp is quite old now, but has had a lot of use over the years.

The dragonfly is a recently bought Sizzix Bigz die, which comes with a texture fade embossing folder.  I cut it from a piece of Dylusions sprayed card and used some gilding waxes too.


Happy Bank Holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh the tissue worked so well! Love how it turned out. And learnt a new word too! Logophile!

    ReplyDelete