We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Monday 19 October 2015

Good luck Craft Barn!

This post is dedicated to the Craft Barn, which closed its bricks and mortar shop last weekend. I've been going to the Craft Barn for many years after first finding them in Lingfield, and later they moved to Nutfield.

I went to the final workshop on Saturday, with Chris Dark. We did a highly textured frame - just my cup of tea! Not sure what I'm going to put in the frame yet, but I've digitally added the words for this post!



Other workshops I've done at the Craft Barn during the past month ...

This meandering journal with Lin Brown. Stencil bumping on hessian is a bit of a challenge! The sunflower is stamped onto calico, and has some central padding.




With Darcy Wilkinson, a slashed canvas -


I love the diversity of workshops the Craft Barn offers, and they are continuing with the workshops in a different venue, as well as maintaining the online shop.

So, Craft Barn, wishing you all the good luckness there is!

7 comments:

  1. I love the colours and the beautiful dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture on your frame! I haven't done many workshops (although I would love to do more!) but I really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to share your projects from the workshops, they are all fantastic. I love that textured frame, beautiful work.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your frame and thank you for sharing your other projects here! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great projects, every picture would fit fine in that awesome frame and that slashed canvas, fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beatiful projects, love the frame very much ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects. The frame is fabulous, I love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete