We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Friday 11 December 2015

Scissor happy!

Its about time I told you about the final collage from my last art course, which was another freestyle one. I decided to only use magazine images - something else I've never done before.

I was using half imperial watercolour paper (22 inches by 15 inches), so quite an area to cover. This was done over 2 sessions, with some time spent on it at home too. I cut a large amount of images from a variety of magazines, then spent a long time creating a picture. I've used a lot of the cut images upside down - try and spot them!

The hardest parts were sticking everything down in the right order, and trying not to crinkle the paper, which was difficult given the flimsy nature of some magazines!


This really was amazing fun, and something I will have another go at - particularly as I still have a box of cut images! This five week course has made me look at collage in many different ways, and to experiment with a freedom I've not felt before.

So - try it, don't throw away magazines before tearing out pages with useful images ... happy collaging!

1 comment: