We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Is there still life after art?

I finished my extra piece of watercolour homework - doing another still life using just a pair of complementary colours. This time I chose blue and orange.

Found this one just as difficult - my saucers are rubbish! I'm not particularly a still life fan, but I can appreciate it is a good subject for watercolour exercises. I have to admit I got a little bored, so experimented with using clingfilm on parts of the background. I'd like to explore that further!


I found this great quote from Jarod Kintz:

"I watched a bowl of fruit on the table remain motionless.
Just another example of life imitating art."

We are now half way through our first landscape, one more session is meant to finish it - though I have a feeling it will need finishing at home!

Happiness is seeing the days get longer!

1 comment: