We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 5 March 2016

The geometry of elephants!

I had a go at block printing when visiting the Make It show at Farnborough last weekend. Great fun - I think those carved wooden blocks (mainly made in India I think) are works of art in themselves, and would look great displayed on a shelf!

I chose to do a tea towel - there was a good selection of blocks to use, as well as fabric paints. This took me about 45 minutes, and was great fun. I just needed to iron it to heat set the paint, then it can be washed with no problem.


The question is - will I ever use it as a tea towel - I think it is too pretty!

Whilst on fabric matters, at another show I had a go at screen printing - this was also really enjoyable, and quite easy to master. I did a tote bag. First we had to cut out some paper shapes, from a piece of A4 copy paper, then used the positive and negative on either side of the bag.  I went a bit geometric abstraction!

And I have used this to carry stuff!

Happy March - Spring is on the way - I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment