We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 28 May 2016

The sunflower is mine, in a way ...

... that's a quote from Vincent van Gogh - so this is a sunny daisy!

I'm struggling with my painting at the moment, so nothing to show you, as one has already gone in the bin ...though I must admit I have been experimenting, so some disasters are probably inevitable!

The Craft Barn's other two-weekly challenge is about using different papers, so I thought I would feature a collage card I made, where I've cut flower petals from various papers, including book pages and magazine pages. Some of the book pages have been coloured with Distress Ink, as has the pale background.


Here is an appropriate poem from one of my favourite poets - Emily Dickinson.

The Daisy follows soft the Sun -
And when his golden walk is done -
Sits shyly at his feet -
He - waking - finds the flower there -
Wherefore - Marauder - art though here?
Because, Sir, love is sweet!

We are the Flower - Thou the Sun!
Forgive us, if as days decline -
We nearer steal to Thee!
Enamored of the parting West -
The peace - the flight - the Amethyst -
Night's possibility!

Happy Bank Holiday weekend - some of us may see a bit of sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I love your sunflower. Have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been here sooner, except I've been ankle deep (seriously) in flood water in my basement. I remember you telling me how fond of Emily Dickinson you were. This is a beautiful flower, and the various painted papers make it look just like a Van Gogh inspired sunflower! Fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete