We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Tuesday 9 August 2016

You zig ... I'll zag ...

Where does time go? If you find it, let me know! It seems like only yesterday I did the letter C, now the new letter in the Craft Barn's alpha dictionary challenge is Z, and it is combined with pearl (huh?).

Anyway, I've gone for zigzag, as I love patterns, and I fancied a bit of colouring in. Rhythm and harmony can be found everywhere, and there is something quite comforting in that.

I've used Windsor & Newton pigment markers and pearl pens. I accidently used the transparent pearl pen first, so I filled in with the actual pearl one!


Coincidentally the current Paper Artsy challenge is about patterns - so I'll zigzag my way over there too!

"What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognised.
What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher."
Chuck Palahniuk

12 comments:

  1. I saw this earlier today when I was getting ready to upload my entry. I wish I had visited you earlier, then I wouldn't have felt so bad about using a pearl fabric paint. Somehow I felt like I was cheating, but after seeing the beautiful entry you created, I knew I was on the right track (for once).

    I am SO in awe of this because you have so much patience with your beautiful zigs and zags! The colors are great and it looks like you spent a whole lot of time getting all those lines equal. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely entry been thinking what to do for this challenge - ploughed through the dictionary. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of using my pearl pen as well but then went for real (fake) ones. I love your vibrant zig zags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice zig zag pattern and a good choice to incorporate those pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great zigzags and I love how you've added the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful design, almost tribal in style? Very good use of the pearl pen too, unlike my single gem plonked in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pattern and colouring for your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely clean crisp pattern, precisely executed. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I posted my Z for Zigzag picture, I did wonder whether anyone else would have the same idea and also enter it into the Paperartsy challenge - great minds obviously think alike! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever idea to use the pearl pens. Thank you for finding the time to visit my blog & for leaving your comment. It is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulously colourful zigzags and love the pearls too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colourful zigzags and a great way to add the pearl twist.

    ReplyDelete