We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Wednesday 21 September 2016

X marks the spot ...

The latest letter in the Craft Barn Dictionary challenge is X - oh joy!

Not a lot to choose from - one if my mantras is - if stuck go to the Greek alphabet! ... I'm joking of course.

But I have gone to the Greek alphabet and my chosen word is the 14th letter - xi.

I've used a multilayered painted background, and dug deep into that area of my craft room that has been neglected for so long. I was searching for some alphabet letters - which I did find eventually (woo hoo!) along with a whole heap of other stuff which hasn't seen the light of day for soooo long. A bit like the toys stuffed into a box that are no longer played with ...

Anyway, here is my offering -


Tomorrow is the Autumn Equinox - looking forward to misty mornings and that spidery web-fest on all the shrubs, plus crunchy leaves and stunning  golden colours - oh, and curling up on the sofa with a good book!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful background and wonderful use of those letters. I love how the pink really pops off the page compared to the rest of the letters. Great choice, too. Mine is finished, I just needed to determine the day to show it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever Kay, Thanks for joining in the Craft Barn challenge. Good luck in the draw xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you've done this and avoided xmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Hb thought of Xi but it wasn't in the dictionary I had with me on hols..lol! Great page Kay and the word pops beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and a good use of your alphabet letters too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for your X, it wasn't an easy one to do this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, I'll try to remember that... Lovely background and the alphabet letters are great too, lucky you found them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice of word. A beautiful background allowing the letters to stand out brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderfully clever choice and a fabulous background too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super background to display the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very good choice for X. I also thought about Xi but couldn't really think of how to show it. This one really works, well done!

    ReplyDelete