We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 1 October 2016

A drop of red, a pinch of blue ...

For the first couple of sessions on my Intermediate Watercolour and Mixed Media course we mixed more colours, using a nine primary colour wheel.

For the beginner's course we used a six primary colour wheel - cool and warm of red, yellow and blue. Now we have added neutral red, yellow and blue - created by mixing both reds, both yellows and both blues together.

I hope you are following this ...

So now, I have created a new chart - this one is bright secondary and sub-secondary colours and complements. Mixing different quantities of the six tubes of paint we used in the beginners course; though I have now purchased some larger tubes of paint as I realise that only using primary colours I get through quite a bit!


This chart is only one of four, but I think I'm going to pass on creating three more, as this one took some time, and quite honestly, gave me a headache trying to work out all the mixes. I now understand the theory, so I'm going to leave it at that!

A very useful exercise though, and proves the point that you only need six tubes of paint.

Hubble bubble - mix it up!

Happy October.

No comments:

Post a Comment