We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Monday 23 January 2017

Friends Forever!

It has been too long since the Fearless Four got together for a creative day - with lunch of course! But last week we managed it and we all did an MDF shape with stand.

Watercolour has taken over my life for a little while now, so it was good to dig out some bits and pieces and my acrylic paint and put together a dimensional piece.

I forgot to take a picture before applying gesso, but did get an after-gesso shot!

I used various flowers made from paper, fabric and metal, plus a few beads and charms. I also used some texture paste that contains glass beads - love that stuff!











I haven't used much blue in my watercolour projects, so it was time for a blue overload! But for the letters I did put an orange layer under some crackle glaze before the blue!



We all finished too -

Lin's fairyland - using some metallic glaze on top of the wood pieces.






















Monica's vision in graduated pinks.






















Linda's another blue girl!























So, a good painterly time with lunch and a natter - nothing better!

"We'll be friends forever, won't we Pooh?" asked Piglet
"Even longer" Pooh answered.

1 comment:

  1. Yes it was a lovely day and we were all pleased that we managed to finish our tags.

    ReplyDelete