We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Wednesday 8 March 2017

Introducing Molly ...

You may recall I did a portrait of a friend's dog called Tia (see here).  I thought I would have a go at a cat, so this is Molly, sadly no longer with us.

I was asked to use pastel colours, so I did the background with very dilute acrylic inks, wet on wet, and just let them mingle.

I then used a photo as a reference. The outline is drawn in acrylic ink, and then I've used a combination of watercolour, Neocolor II crayons and coloured pencils. Quite tricky getting the fur colours and patterns!


This formed part of a birthday present to Molly's owner, who now has a black cat - which could be a little trickier to paint methinks!

Whiskers and tails
And thousands of frails
Lion-like nose
With an angelesque pose
Silky pattern'd fur
O'er heart-touching purr.
Terri Guillemets

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful painting. Molly was a gorgeous cat. I recently saw a show (oddly about thread painting) where the artist showed each cat has cowlicks around their noses. I keep looking for that in my two, and it's true. I adore your painting, and am glad you shared this painting of Molly with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous painting of Molly. I love it very much. Yes I will try to draw and maybe paint Archie sometime. Thanks for your kind words at my blog, Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete