We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Tuesday 12 December 2017

Time to hibernate!

It's the last part of the Craft Barn's year long challenge using the poem The Months of the Year by Sara Coleridge.

The final couplet is
Chill December bring the sleet
Blazing fire and Christmas treat.

I have struggled with my chosen postcard size format, but I have had fun the past couple of entries using Photoshop. I found a photo of my friend's dog Tia in front a woodburner. A photo I took a year ago when I visited the wilds of Scotland! Regular readers may remember I did a portrait of Tia (see here).

Anyway, I've played around with it - and Tia is waiting for her Christmas treat!


I've done a montage of all my entries -


not sure what I'm going to do with them, but the obvious one is a calendar.

“It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately.” 

― A.A. MilneWinnie-the-Pooh

8 comments:

  1. A great final entry for the challenge but I must comment on your Winnie-the-Pooh quote, it is so perfect for us right now!
    Lovely to see your montage too, how satisfying it is to finish a project and look back on what you have done. Talking of finishing ..... I've not done mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and at least you managed to get the fire part in. I love all your postcards altogether and they would look great as a calendar.
    Merry Christmas.. Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful. I SO love seeing them all together, but I still think the cute May lamb is my favorite, although December's Tia is fun, too. Great end and a job well done, even if you did (believe) pick the wrong substrate. I actually liked how you managed to confine the poem each month in that small space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your final postcard. It will make a wonderful Christmas card for next year. Well done for sticking with the challenge the postcards will make a lovely calendar. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your December card is so cute! Great to see all your lovely cards all together! Thank you for staying with the Craft barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, lovely dog! Merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, dear Kay. Thanks for always being so supportive of my blog and art, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on completing the challenge with your chosen postcard format and they look fabulous together - such a variety of design. Love your final card - Tia has the best seat in the house! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete